Saturday, October 5, 2013

Blog #20

Ryan Waugh
10/5/13
Blog

Yesterday in Mr. Schick's class we got our first tests back. I thought I did very well, but I would have liked to have done better. I still have a great grade overall and that's all that really matters when it comes down to it. We also watched more of the documentary on the lost boys of Sudan, but now they have been in America for a month and are starting to look for jobs and get used to things that are natural to us. For example, they have learned how to use electricity and how turn the lights on and off. Also,  they are learning how to use the television, refrigerator, freezer, and how to call people on their new house phones. All of the people that have already come to America are now trying to locate their parents to try to find out where they are and if they are ok and even still alive. Most of the boys have not seen their parents since they were five and six years old. I feel really bad for them because I could never live without my parents. It must be very hard for them. Therefore, that is what we did in Mr. Schick's class yesterday. Hope you read my blog again Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment