Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blog #3


Ryan Waugh

 

September 3, 2013

 

Blog

 

            Today in class we talked about the definitions we wrote down over the weekend. I got more of an understanding of the definitions we wrote down over the weekend. I also learned that Mr. Schick would want to go back in time and meet Socrates. Socrates, who was Greek philosopher, also came up with different ideas about the afterlife and stuff like that.  I also learned some more Greek vocabulary. Some of the words I learned were arête and polis. We also talked about what the words meant and why they used them to talk to people. Also, we discussed about how Socrates died by drinking the poison. On that note, he didn’t die a first but he suffocated to death. I also found out that Mr. Schick is a huge Socrates fan. I hope we do the similar things tomorrow in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment